Let CalWorkSafety & HR be your Training Partner. From sexual harassment prevention to legal compliance, to problem solving to progressive discipline, we provide expert instructors and tailored training programs, unique to your organization’s needs.
Help develop key skills to enable your supervisors and managers to be better leaders!
Our experienced Training Consultants provide introductory and advanced management courses available virtually or in-person to help your supervisors hone the skills needed to manage people more effectively.
Explore topics such as how to transition from a peer to a manager, performance management, and problem solving—everything you need to manage people effectively.
Employee Training, we do that too!
Invest in your team by providing them with training opportunities to strengthen and enhance their skills. Our courses can assist with improving your workplace culture, enhancing production and Return-on-Investment (ROI’s).
Management Training (Onsite or Virtual)
- Dealing with Challenging Employees
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors
- Problem Solving for Supervisors
- Time Management for Supervisors
- Measuring Job Performance
- Progressive Discipline
- Interviewing Skills
- Terminating Employees
- Employee Motivation / Recognition
- Perform a Proper Investigation
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills for Supervisors
- Transition from Peer to Manager
- And many more Topics
Employee Training (Onsite or Virtual)
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Workplace Problem Solving
- Workplace Communication Skills
- Management Change in the Workplace
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- How to be an Upstander in the Workplace
- Cultural Sensitivity in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Prevention and Civil Workplace training
- And many more topic
Human Resources Compliance Training (Onsite or Virtual)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention and Civil Workplace Training (California specific or general)
- one-hour employee version
- two-hour supervisor version
- Train-The-Trainer Sexual Harassment Training and Certification for one-hour sexual harassment training
Sexual Harassment Compliance Training
There are no employers too small to be exempt from sexual harassment or sexual discrimination laws, and that liability can apply to a supervisor or owner personally as well as to the Company. Employers have a moral and legal responsibility to maintain a workplace that is free from sexual harassment and illegal discrimination. Not only is it your legal obligation, it just makes good business sense. If you allow sexual harassment to flourish in your workplace, you will pay a high price in terms of absenteeism, poor employee morale, low productivity, and potential lawsuits.
What is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexual advance or conduct on the job that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment. Any conduct of a sexual nature that makes an employee uncomfortable has the potential to be sexual harassment. Given this broad definition, it is not surprising that sexual harassment comes in many forms.
Examples of Sexual Harassment:
- A supervisor implies to an employee that the employee must sleep with him to keep a job
- A sales clerk makes demeaning comments about female customers to his coworkers
- An office manager in a law firm is uncomfortable with lawyers who regularly tell sexually explicit jokes
- A cashier at a store pinches and fondles a coworker against her will
- A secretary’s coworkers belittle her and refer to her by sexist or demeaning terms
- An employee sends emails to coworkers that contain sexually explicit language and jokes.
The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, manager, coworker or even a vendor or customer.
Strategies for Prevention – How can we effectively prevent harassment?
- Create a legally compliant Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy and Complaint Procedure and communicate these with everyone in the workplace
- Provide legally compliant Sexual Harassment Prevention and Civility in the Workplace Training to all employees at least ever two years (one hour for Employees, and two hours for Supervisors).
- Create and maintain a supportive and civil work culture where employees feel valued, empowered, trusted, and respected.
- Promptly and fairly investigate any and all claims of Harassment or Discrimination, and take appropriate remedial action when necessary.
CalWorkSafety & HR can work with you in each of the above areas to help your Company stay compliant and successful. We are experts in creating legally compliant Company Sexual Harassment Prevention Policies and Complaint Procedures. We have seasoned HR Consultants who can conduct both virtual and on-site training (in English or Spanish) that meets the requirements of California law. We can even create customized training materials and provide expert training for your own internal trainer, so that you can conduct the training yourself if you desire.
Contact us today to learn how to stay in compliance and give your workforce the performance management advantage our training programs offer.
Contact Us Today!
CalWorkSafety & HR is the leading authority in Workplace Safety, Workers’ Compensation, Cal/OSHA and Human Resources Solutions.