Employers Important Update
Employers Must Make Decisions on Current Information About This Virus
The rapidly developing outbreak of novel Corona virus (nCoV-2019) in central China is sparking fears of a widespread health threat, a pandemic even, but right now there are as many questions as there are answers. Some cities around the world have declared a crisis and closed schools and non-essential businesses.
There is no specific or preventative treatment for nCoV-2019. Infected persons “should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms,” CDC says. Authorities are urging individuals to practice these preventive steps, which is wise considering we’re still in the flu season:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or at least use a hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid “presenteeism” – going to work when you are sick. If you are ill, stay home;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away; and
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
- Surgical masks can help prevent infecting others if you are ill but will not prevent you from inhaling germs.
Click Here to learn about the latest information and what you can do for your employees:
If you have questions about this important news contact CalWorkSafety at: 949-533-3742 and speak with one of our consultants.
CalWorkSafety Helps companies prepare for Cal/OSHA
compliance, training, inspections, citations or written plans.
Contact us today and speak to one of our Consultants:
Call: 949-533-3742 or email: